When is comes to child support cases, it’s essential to have accurate information and evidence. A private investigator can help you gather evidence that can be crucial in determining the outcome of your case. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about hiring a private investigator for child support cases.
Understanding Child Support Cases
Child support cases are legal proceedings that determine the financial support that a non-custodial parent must provide to their child. The amount of support is usually determined based on factors such as the income of both parents, the child’s needs, and the amount of time each parent spends with the child.
Reasons to Hire a Private Investigator
There are several reasons why you might need to hire a private investigator for a child support case. Here are some of the most common.
- Non-payment of child support: If you suspect that the other parent is not paying their child support as ordered by the court, a private investigator can help gather evidence to prove this.
- Hidden assets: If you suspect that the other parent is hiding assets to avoid paying child support, an investigator can help uncover these assets.
- Child custody disputes: If you are in a child custody dispute, a private investigator can help you gather evidence to support your case.
- Lying about work: If you suspect that the other parent is lying about their income and working status, a private investigator can perform surveillance to uncover the truth.
Choosing the Right Private Investigator
Choosing the right private investigator is essential. Here are some factors to consider when selecting a private investigator.
- Experience: Look for a private investigator with experience in child support cases.
- Credentials: Ensure that the private investigator is licensed and insured.
- Reputation: Check online reviews and ask for references to ensure that the private investigator has a good reputation.
- Cost: Ask about the investigator’s fees and get a detailed estimate of the costs involved.
What to Expect When Working with a Private Investigator
When you hire a private investigator, they will begin by conducting a thorough investigation. This may involve:
- Surveillance: The private investigator may conduct surveillance to gather evidence of non-payment, hidden assets, work status, etc.
- Assets searches: The private investigator may conduct an asset search to uncover hidden assets.
- Interviews: The private investigator may interview witnesses or other parties involved in the case.
- Background Checks: The investigator may conduct background checks to gather information about the other parent’s employment history and financial situation.
Presenting Evidence in Court | Expert Witness Testimony
Once the private investigator has gathered evidence, they will provide it to you and your attorney. You or your attorney will then present the evidence in court to support your case.
In conclusion, hiring a private investigator can be crucial in child support and child custody cases. It’s essential to choose the right investigator and understand what to expect when working with them. With the right evidence, you can ensure that your child receives the financial support they deserve.
If you liked this article, you might like our How to Hire a private Investigator near you or What can a private Investigator do for me? Please be sure to leave a comment below on what we can do for you and or what other topics you’d like us to delve into. Of simply call for a free case review: (877) 456-7726